Whether you are a business owner or leader, parent or teacher, producer or factory worker you owe it to your self to give your future a chance…and prioritizing your health is one of the best ways to do so.
We all know the saying: health, wealth and happiness. Really think about that. Why that order and why these three things?
Is it that your health is the foundation of a wealthy and happy life?
Perhaps it is. We make a lot of assumptions as we plan for our future, our hopes and dreams. We assume that we will be healthy enough to enjoy all that life has to offer, without even thinking about what life would be like if this were not the case.
We treat our bodies as if we are invincible, never considering the alternative, and compounding of years of mistreatment. In an instant our whole world can change and many times there is nothing we can do to stop it. Healthy people get sick, good people experience terrible illnesses.
There are, however, things we can do to give ourselves a chance at the strength to follow our dreams, an active lifestyle that supports long term health and optimal conditions to be the best we can possibly be.
Today, I am going to share simple ways you can integrate health and wellness into your everyday life that yield maximum impact, with minimal disruption to your daily routine.
Being overweight or “fighting the battle of the bulge” does cause disease. We owe it to ourselves to make our health and wellness a priority.
Here are a few ways to jump-start your progress:
- Keep a full glass of water at your desk at all times-drink up
- Match every cup of coffee with a glass of water
- Keep a set of multi-vitamins at work and at home so you remember to take them
- Stock up on healthy items to keep at the office and refill at the beginning of the week, here are some power foods-hummus, baby carrots, oatmeal, almonds, yogurt, dried cranberries
- Eat within 1 hour of waking up to jump start your metabolism and start burning calories right away
- Think about replacing one meal a day with a shake made of berries with lots of antioxidants, add in a banana or a kiwi and some extra protein and nutrients found in a power mix (I order from jjvirgin.com)
- Getting 7-8 hours of sleep is critical for a healthy, strong immune system; make this a priority.
My favorite teacher in the field of health and wellness is JJ Virgin. Her programs teach you ways to make small lateral shifts to lose weight, feel great and become a healthier you. Check her out at jjvirgin.com!
One of the key things to remember when it comes to accomplishing big dreams and goals is that you need a whole lot of energy, persistence and determination. Give your body fuel. Most of the food we eat has no nutritional value, so unless you set out to put it in your diet your body is suffering along without what it needs to function at an optimal level.
If you want to get promoted, build your business, engage and move a team, remember, that energy is everything. Nine-two per cent (92%) of what people take from your communication is non-verbal, so think about how much your energy level impacts your results.
Next week we will crush the excuse that your job is making you fat, when we discuss simple ways to integrate exercise into your workday.