A business building power hour is the opposite of multi-tasking.
It’s about complete focus. Every day you should pick at least 1 high impact client generating activity and hit as many hot prospects with that activity as possible. Shut off your computer, clear your desk and don’t answer the phone.
For 1 hour be completely externally focused.
Set a goal for how many prospects you will try to touch during each business building power hour and move as fast as you possibly can to hit your stretch goal. Whether it is an active or passive activity, it is very important to set a specific goal for input and output.
*For example if you are doing sales calls for an hour, you may set a goal of making 50 dials, having 20 conversations and netting 1-2 sales depending on your price point.
There are 5 steps to completing your business building power hour:
1) Go through your current and past clientele and list all the ways you have acquired them as new clients.
2) Count the number of new clients you have acquired from each source and rank them, this is the best way to determine what activities to focus on doing over and over again, and accelerate what works.
3) If you don’t have an expansive base of clients yet, here are my top 10 ways to easily generate more clients.
- Your newsletter or blog
- Social media
- Speaking Engagements
- Sales Calls
- Emails to follow-up on leads
- Your FREE offers
- Direct Mail/Marketing campaigns
4) Here is a list of power hour focus activities that will generate massive payoffs for your business:
- Sales calls
- Drop by’s
- Follow-up emails based on previous leads
- Mailing FedEx envelopes to hard to reach contacts
- Sending handwritten notes
- Outreach requesting referrals and referral letters
- Putting together mailers/direct mail campaign
- Sending out marketing materials
- Commenting, sharing, adding value and relationship building on blogs, forums or groups that contain your ideal prospect
The key is to pick a highly targeted group of prospects, probably 50-200 and hit them over and over again in different ways.
Frequency out performs any other aspect of sales and marketing from a results standpoint.
Challenge yourself to generate better results each week. Keep in mind that it typically takes 8.4+ touches to get a prospect to the buying decision. It is more important that you hit a small quantity of prospects over and over than thousands only once or twice with long period of time in between touches. People typically buy from one of the last 3 providers that have been in touch with them.
Keep in mind that simplicity and focus have a profound impact on the speed with which you grow your business. As you expand, you will continue to add layers and branches to your business. Never lose sight of the fundamentals that go directly to the bottom line.
5) Pay close attention to “what works” in your business and constantly test and refine your approach for better results.
Let me know the results of your business building power hour!
Tweet me @kellyroachint using #bizbuildpowerhour !
For more business-building strategies, check out my weekly podcast, Unstoppable Success Radio, on iTunes!